Sunday, October 25, 2009

And the winner is................

Suzy!! I'll bring the box back with me to Seattle and, if we don't see each other, I'll either mail it to you or send it back with Andrew and Jen. Congratulations!!

Thanks to all the guessers....it was fun to read your comments. And, yes, Wendy, that was Chad the Sultan. :)

I'm turning the keyboard over to David for the next month as I'm heading back to Seattle until December 1st. Stay tuned....he may even post some pics from his dive trip! Until then, here are some more pics from our weekend in Istanbul! We were extremely impressed with Istanbul....same size as Cairo but with no piles of trash (even in the poorer areas, we still saw garbage trucks), the cars stopped at traffic lights, there were beautiful public spaces. Apart from the mosques and the calls to prayer, it felt like we were in Germany. By the way, the obelisk shown below was brought up by the Romans to display in the Hippodrome in Constantinople.














































5 comments:

Krista said...

You're going to be in Seattle next month?! The girls and I are going to be in Seattle Nov 20-22 visiting my brother, who is there for a conference. Want to get together?!

David & Wendi said...

Yes! Yes!! YES!!! I would love to see you guys!

Give me a call at 206-347-0964 when you're ready to discuss details. :)

Wendi

Krista said...

So, when you say "give me a call", do you mean in Egypt? Or wait till you get to Seattle? When are you getting to Seattle? Can't wait to see you!

David & Wendi said...

I'm here in SEattle now! So give me a call whenever....looking forward to seeing you too! :)

Jen S said...

Ah! I've always wanted to visit Istanbul for that amazing history and art and architecure that I learned about in Art History, lol. Have a fun time stateside!