Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July

When they came out with the 4th of July agenda: Flag raising, pool volleyball, swimming, horseshoes, BBQ lunch, flag lowering, a baked ham dinner, bingo, fireworks, and dancing, I thought it was a bit ambitious for 15 people. (I told my friend Wendy this is really like living on a stationary cruise ship!) But we gave it our best shot.

The 9 AM flag raising by the pool. You can see a David salute in the second photo (facing the camera):
















Lots of volleyball, both in the morning and the evening:


Tony, the bartender, looking out from the bar. Note patriotic decor.



The lunch spread. Have I mentioned that they serve VERY good food here? I think their potato salad is some of the best I've ever had. I haven't figured out how they do it. Do they have a recipe or do they just rely on feedback from Americans?? When I asked yesterday, Omar, one of the chefs, said he has a recipe but doesn't use it. I just think it would be very difficult to make a dish which you're unfamiliar with and don't even know what it's supposed to taste like. In the photo, I think Rob is trying to figure out the problem with the mister.


Bingo in the bar:


And a pretty decent firework display:
















Wendi watching fireworks. :) It was a fun day.

1 comment:

DAD said...

I think that we will definitely plan our visit for a holiday.... (: Glad to see a Wendi picture...photographers don't get photographed often. Miss you! Love, me and art